Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Always catching Brennan with his pants Down!

Or On his head?!
we are now attempting the impossible-possible? We are trying to introduce Brennan to the big Boy world of potty training. Step 1= teaching him where his big boy underwear actually gos..not on the head!
Step 2= concurring the fear of the Potty...well thats where we have hit a bump. he will hold his "pee" until finally he has to go, but he refuses to sit on the potty. what should we do? Any good helpful tips? Any potty whisperer's out there?



4 comments:

Shelley said...

Welcome to the world of Shelley! :) Parker is RIGHT at this very stage. He is potty trained, but still fights me going in the potty sometimes. He will cry and ask me for a diaper. Ugh. I try to give him choices and that seems to help..."do you want to pee in the big toilet or little toilet?" "Do you want to stand up or sit down?" And I am always stocked up on bribery treats. I know at this age they just struggle to be independent and going potty is one of those things THEY like to have control over. So that's why I think the choices helps...because then they feel like they are in power and not the other way around. Hope that makes sense...GOOD LUCK! You will survive. :)

Marlon and Suzana said...

I havent come to that dreaded hurdle yet, but I read that one mom put Cheerios/Fruit Loops/colored ice cubes and let her son do "target practice" he had a blast trying to hit & sink the cereal and finished them off with poop bombs!

Amber said...

With Gavin, he loved it when I did a crazy song and dance. And you cannot half it, I seriously had to be super crazy. But he thought it was SOOO funny, and since I'd only do it when he used the big toilet, he was always using it and then saying, "Sing mommy, sing!!" To be honest, it worked better than the whole cupboard full of bribes we'd stocked up on. And then after he'd go, he was the COOLEST boy ever. We'd call daddy at work and grandma and grandpa and it was really a VERY BIG DEAL. Worked like a charm. That kid was trained in a matter of days. Seriously.

Theresa said...

Hilarious! Looks a bit like a gangsta in a colorful doo-rag.